God is Bored Update_03 video
I had some problems with the last download service so I am trying a new one. If there is any problems please notify me so I can find an alternative solution.
God is Bored Alpha_03 Android Version:
Hello and welcome back to my next update. Before I begin I wanted to say sorry to anyone wondering where I have been in the past month. I could have shown some things a couple of weeks ago but too much of it was half finished and really not too much in a presentable state. So instead this is one bigger than normal update. There are a slew of new features, changes and, bug fixes. I am going to try to list them all but will probably forget a few of them.
- Added 4 new levels
- Added rails that the ball can move across
- Added barriers that kill the ball and prevent players from taking more direct routes
- Added moving platforms
- Added a restart button
- Added a clock to record players fastest time through level (still need to add a save function)
- Added crystals that the player can gather to open warp/exit gates
- Added warp/exit gates which is how a player wins a level (still need to finish texturing and program some extra features)
- Added crystal count display which tells player how many crystals need to be collected before opening the exit gate
- Added tornado that flicks the ball up into the air
- Added snow floors which slows down the balls movement
- Added ice floors which speeds up ball movement and makes ball slippery
- Added ice cracked floors that crumbles 2 seconds have player has touched the surface (Still need to add crumbling animation)
- Added snow particles which makes it appear snow is falling in the level
- Added a new skybox for snow levels.
- Added a level select screen (still need to add background for buttons and improve overall menu system)
- Experimented with creating geometry from splines in Maya and importing them into game engine
- Fixed a bug when paused, if the device was tilted in one direction it would build up momentum and then launch the ball in that direction when un-paused.
- Fixed a number of smaller bugs